RESOLVED: setEntityTypes method not working in UCI

I came across an unusual scenario where setEntityTypes method was working in a regular web interface but that method was not honoring the list of entities specified in a Unified Client interface instead showing all the list of entities.

To debug it I removed the method call for setEntityTypes and tried to use the entity from the “Change view” option. That’s when I realized that the entity wasn’t even showing up in the Unified interface because it was not included in the App.

After adding the entity in the App and adding the setEntityTypes method back it started honoring the entity types I was specifying.

So, whenever setEntityTypes doesn’t seems to be working in unified interface make sure to check if the entity is included in the “App”.

About the Author Danish

Dynamics 365 CE & Azure consultant; passionate to learn new technology and create innovative solutions.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: